Information Literacy (Lec)

Who is the person that is most influential to you?

Who: my father
What: role model, guidance, main influencer of my actions
Where: at home
When: since birth
Why: he believes that I will be able to be better than him in the future
How: he constantly pressures me to get better every time in almost any aspect of my life

Steps/Elements in Information Literacy

Information Needs

  • know contact information of institutions related
  • state of the weather that day
Sources of Information
  • my personal experience
  • witnesses/accounts of others in my proximity
Access to Information
  • videos circulating online
  • my own perspective
Evaluate Information
  • taking pictures and videos of the said typhoon
  • looking around the area to confirm it
Organize Information
  • taking videos and pictures through my phone or camera
Communicate Information
  • sharing it to social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter
  • asking my friends and followers on Messenger and Twitter to disseminate information to others as well

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Evolution of Traditional to New Media (Lec)

Types of Media (Lec)

Introduction to Media and Information Literacy